In this tutorial, I’ll discuss how to install WordPress on your VPS using the Webuzo Control Panel. Webuzo lets you installing WordPress easily using the Softaculous auto-installer. Softaculous auto-installer makes the script installation very easy.
However, you need your Webuzo panel’s premium license to install WordPress and other scripts using the auto-installer. If you are still using the free version of Webuzo panel, read how to activate the Webuzo premium license for your server for free.
However, If you need to upgrade or buy a new VPS, read how to set up the most affordable VPS. Also, I recommend Contabo as they provide the most affordable virtual machines with an exemplary configuration and service.
How to install WordPress on Your VPS Using the Webuzo Control Panel?
To start with the installation process, log in to your Webuzo control panel with your admin credentials. The address of your control panel is YOUR_IP:2002. Before you begin, make sure that you’ve added the domain name on the Webuzo panel, and that is pointing to your VPS.
At first, search for “wordpress” on the search bar available on the left-sidebar of your Webuzo control panel, and select “WordPress” from the search result.
On the next page, click on the “Install Now” button.
This will take you to the script installation wizard. Fill in the necessary fields as follows:
- Choose the version you want to install: Leave it as it is.
- Choose Installation URL: Select your preferred protocol from the drop-down menu. I prefer “https://” only to keep the website URL short. If it gives a warning telling, “A trusted SSL Certificate was not found,” ignore that.
- Select your domain from the next drop-down menu.
- Remove “wp” from the “In Directory” field. It is essential to remove that. If you leave it, WordPress will be installed in a sub-directory of your website, making your website URL similar to this “https://example.com/wp,” and we don’t want that.
- Site Name: Give your preferred site name. You can change it later on your WordPress admin panel.
- Site Description: Similar to the site name, give your preferred description for the website. You can edit this then too.
- Enable Multisite (WPMU): Check this on only if you want to enable the multisite feature for your website. If you don’t want this, or you are not sure, leave it unchecked.
- Admin Username: Enter your preferred admin username. Leave it to keep the default username that is “admin.”
- Admin Password: Put in a strong password. You can create a strong password by clicking on the “Key” icon next to the password field.
- Admin Email: Enter your email address.
- Leave other fields as they are.
- Click on the “Install” button.
Within a moment, your the installation should be complete, and you will get the confirmation.
Now, visit your website to check if it loads correctly.
If you get an SSL error, and your website doesn’t load properly, try to visit the website with http:// not https://.
However, in the next tutorial, I’ll discuss how to install SSL certificates for your domains on the Webuzo panel for free.
Also, feel free to ask any questions if you face any difficulties to to install WordPress on your VPS using the Webuzo Panel.